You Can Find Peace In Christ
Finding peace can be challenging in a busy, stressful world. A huge obstacle to peace is stress and worry that just won’t go away and interferes with our ability to connect with others. But there’s a lasting way to find peace: building a close friendship with Jesus Christ.
In our fast, material-driven world, people often look outside themselves for happiness. But real peace comes from within—specifically, from a strong relationship with Jesus. Unlike short-lived joys, this deep bond gives us lasting peace and a sense of purpose.
Simple daily habits like praying, meditating, and reading the Bible can help. By coming closer to the Savior, you let His teachings become a part of you. When you let go of your worries and ask for divine help, you find peace and spiritual growth better than anything else.
The Search for Real Peace
Some look for peace by buying things or making money, while others look for fun or quick joys. But these things often leave us feeling empty, disconnected, or depressed. They can even cause harmful patterns of repeatedly turning to things that don’t make us happy.
That’s where a spiritual friendship with Jesus comes in. Unlike short-term fixes, getting close to Jesus offers a deep, life-changing peace. It’s a better peace lasting longer than any worldly comfort. He helps us become more like Him to face the trials ahead. Jesus helps us look inside ourselves and be honest, recognizing our talents and weaknesses and even our true desires.
You can dig deep to figure out what’s bothering you by doing self-checks. Identifying what’s wrong makes it easier to fix issues and find peace. It gets rid of the heavy stuff that makes everyday life hard.
Not only this, but biblical peace is another outlet to finding the inner peace one is looking for. Reading bible verses daily and integrating a daily devotion to bible study in your daily life can bring spiritual growth and great peace to you. It can continue to invite God’s presence while opening your heart to God’s word.
Getting Peace from Our Faith in Jesus
Christ is the only source of lasting peace. Faith means you believe in something you can’t see but know is there. With faith, you never feel like you’re going through a hard time alone; you know there’s a higher power with you.
Believing in Jesus gives you the courage to let go, trust a bigger plan, and drop the heavy load you’ve been carrying. Faith keeps hope alive even when things get tough.
Having faith makes you strong in hard times. It reminds us that rough patches don’t last forever and that real peace comes from Jesus’ everlasting love and care.
How Can We Help Others Find Peace in Christ?
Life is full of worries about health, family matters, problems at school, or troubling events in the world. But as Christians, we can help others find true inner peace in Jesus Christ with compassion and understanding.
You can also help people who are going through difficult times in their lives find true peace in God by:
- Sharing the gospel of Christ: Just like you can find inner peace yourself by focusing on God, you can point others to Jesus as the keeper of peace. For instance, you can share a Bible verse that helped you learn more about God’s peace.
- Be a good listener: Sometimes, those going through difficult times want to talk openly about their feelings and thoughts instead of keeping everything inside. You don’t have to solve their problems; you can just listen to their struggles and offer them support by showing God-like love and understanding.
- Be a peacemaker: Help others resolve conflicts. To do that, you need to bury your weapons of war such as seeking revenge, gossiping, or selfishness–and trade that with instruments of peace like forgiving others, kindness, and obeying God’s commandments.
- Minister to those in your community: Small gestures go a long way. You can serve as a peer counselor, volunteer at a homeless shelter, or give treats to new members in your neighborhood. Help others find inner peace by doing small things like providing people experiencing homelessness with a consistent place to sleep, being a reliable mentor, or offering assurance to others.
- Ask them to let go of things they can’t control: When things go out of control, they take away your inner peace, causing you to feel angry or hopeless. However, it doesn’t help to ponder on things you can’t change. Thus, if you know someone struggling to let go of things outside their control, ask them to draw close to God to find peace even when life gives them a bad hand. That’s because the Lord has promised to send us the comforter, the Holy Spirit.
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27). If you bring yourself and others close to God, you can find peace and help them find peace in God even when things are difficult.
Living in Harmony
Christ’s message of unconditional love is our model for how to treat one another. Indeed, many scriptures reflect on how much Christ loves us, along with instructions on loving others like Him.
By embracing the teachings in the holy scriptures, you can overcome grievances and hatreds that would otherwise be impossible. With Christ’s peace comes strength—strength to break the chains of bitterness and pave the way for healing and forgiveness. This strength can even overcome your own biases and judgments, removing roadblocks to forgiving those who have wronged you.
Christ calls all of us to be peacemakers. As Christians, our responsibility is to replace conflict with unity, enmity with resolution, and hatred with love. By seeking common ground, we foster an atmosphere of acceptance and harmony, where differences are embraced rather than feared. The scriptures teach us how to live in harmony with others while maintaining one’s spiritual peace.
Peace as a Way of Life
The Erie Times-News recently interviewed several believers to gather their thoughts on religion bringing peace. As one interviewee beautifully stated, “Peace is not a goal; it is a way of life. Lasting peace requires courage and discipline. The choice is ours. That’s what free will is all about.” The belief in a higher power who loves and looks out for you is comforting and encouraging, and we can see this exemplified throughout the article.
Peace Through Praise
Feeling peace by praising Jesus lights up a sense of hope, especially when things look grim. It teaches us to find meaning, even when we’re up against walls of doubt. Singing hymns of praise can also bring us together with other community members, establishing peace on earth in our little corner of the world.
Jesus is Our Rock
Christ is a rock-solid source of strength and rejuvenation. It gives us a stable base, letting us face difficulties with courage and boosting faith in Jesus’ power.
Knowing Jesus is always with us brings the ability to power through challenges. The comfort that we’re not alone helps us to keep going, aware that a higher power guides us through life’s roller coaster of ups and downs.
Jesus helps us see tough times as chances to grow and get better. When we tackle problems with his teachings in mind, we build resilience and thankfulness, coming out of difficulties stronger and kinder.
Visit us at Church.org for daily Bible verses and more inspiring thoughts!