Thank you for visiting the Church.org. platform where we connect you with local churches and provide communication tools for churches to connect with you by hosting online services and classes, share stories and prayer requests, make announcements and for ministries to come together!
We understand the importance of consumer information security and personal privacy, and we are committed to handling your information in a secure environment. This policy outlines what information we collect and how we use and share your information.
Information We Automatically Collect
Information You Voluntarily Provide
When you sign up for our Services, or register your church on our Website you will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information such as: your name, email, phone number, public contact information regarding your church and information such as a password to set up a user login account.
When you signup or register your church on this site you will be creating and agreeing to activating a member account. Those member accounts are governed and operating under “Services” as described in the Member Agreement.
Using and Sharing Information
When you register your church or sign up for Services we will not share your information except as indicated below:
- Authorized third party service providers– we may share your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information with authorized third party service providers who are under contract to perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include marketing and communications assistance, providing member benefit offers, customer service, processing opt-out requests, performing business and website analysis and maintaining the Website. These services are required for our everyday business operations and you cannot limit sharing unless you cancel your account.
This information is used to:
- To connect people with churches
- To process and monitor church listings
- Provide you with member services such as newsletters, special events, new services and member benefit offers or promotions
- To send you subscription and member benefit communications through emails, phone, social media messages and/or text messages
- To connect you with church features on this site such as prayer, scripture and sermons
- To allow registered churches to post prayer, scripture and sermons for the site features
- Revise our service or subscription offerings
- Process customer service requests
- Provide, maintain, and protect this Website and Services
- Improve the content, operation, appearance and utility of the Website and/or Services and/or Member Accounts
- To conduct surveys, research and evaluations
- Troubleshoot and resolve disputes; gather demographic and analytical data and accomplish administrative tasks
Some Services offer the ability to post information. This may include text, photos, video, member interests, biological information, items of interest or offers. If you choose to consent to the Services photos and videos posted may include data within those files indicating how, when, where and who created those files including formatting information. These may be accessible to other Members or individuals who can access the files.
We may receive compensation for these services and/or offers provided by us from affiliate links clicked or referrals from this Website or member benefit offers sent to you as a part of your sign up.
We also reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information in good faith for the following:
- As required by law, in response to legal process including law enforcement requests
- With any person or entity that may acquire all or any part of our business or assets, in connection with any change in control of us,
- To prevent fraud and to protect the safety, property, or legal rights of users of the Services or our affiliates
- To manage and protect our information technology infrastructure and security
- We may also disclose your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information for any other purpose with your consent
How To Opt-Out, Unsubscribe & Revoke
EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS- If you no longer wish to receive email communications, you can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or for assistance, please email: [email protected].
TEXT COMMUNICATIONS- You may receive up to 5 recurring text messages per month. Data and message rates may apply. To opt-out of text communications, you may text STOP, QUIT, END, CANCEL or UNSUBSCRIBE to STOP at any time. A confirmation of successfully unsubscribing to these Services will be sent via text. Text HELP for HELP or for additional assistance email [email protected]. Please see our MOBILE TERMS HERE.
Editing and Requesting Your Information
Consumer Privacy Rights
California Residents- Your California Rights
The California Consumer Protection Act has granted specific rights and remedies, to review all California Privacy Rights and Remedies click HERE.
We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signals from your web browser because we do not track users other than for aggregate statistical purposes.
We may collect and use the above-mentioned data for cross-device advertising purposes. This process allows users to experience personalized and informative content that targets specific interests over multiple devices. The information may also be used for analytics, and reporting purposes for content effectiveness.
We can implement cross device advertising and tracking through two methods:
- We may use a deterministic approach which may identify and track users across devices through identifying characteristics such as a user login account. This information may also be used to connect data across different devices.
- We may also use a probabilistic method which may identify and track users through an IP address and the utilization of cookies. This information may also be used to connect data across different devices
These methods allow information about your use of websites or applications on your browser or device to be combined and used with information from your other browsers or devices, i.e. your tablet and cell phone. This enables delivery of data to your multiple devices.
We permit use of third-party cookies on our Website. We use all of Google Analytics Advertising services which uses Google Analytics AdWords and/or DoubleClick cookies to track user activity. To opt-out click HERE.
We use electronic images known as Web Beacons which collects limited information about your visit to our Website and/or may track the delivery and the effectiveness of communications we send to you. You may change this cookie setup within your browser.
Push Notifications/Alerts: We may use push notifications and alerts to notify you of services and/or products that you have expressed interest in on multiple devices. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we may need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information. You may opt-out of push notifications or alerts through your browser settings.
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
Storage and Security
We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your information under our control. Depending on site requirements, we may employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to transmit data between a user’s browser and our web server. To use our websites, a consumer will need an SSL-capable browser such as MS Internet Explorer 4.0 (or higher) or Netscape Navigator 4.0 or higher.
Please do not communicate any information to us through unsecured channels, such as when you are in public areas. Where we have provided you or you have chosen a password, access code, or similar security feature, you must keep the password, access code or security feature confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone. If you believe your password or account has been compromised, please contact us immediately at [email protected] We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
Minors and Privacy Issues
This Website and Service is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your minor has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected]